Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Up and Personal: Faces in the Crowd

Juan C Ayllon

Close Up and Personal: Faces in the Crowd

Hey,

I thought I'd start up another string on "Faces in the Crowd" at the CBZ. Please, feel free to post up pictures and tell us something about yourself in this string.

As some of you may recall, prior to the EZ Board's problems, I had a similar string entitled, "Give Us a Face to Your Name." If it is restored, that's great!

Below is my first submission. It features Rita Figueroa, also known round these parts as Fightgirl.

Rita will be fighting next Friday, June 10, at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. It should be a good time!

Pat Doljanin and Rita Figueroa (AKA Fightgirl) at the Brewster-Golota fight

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Uptown Lounge Pics

Hey,

Here are some fun pictures that were in the last string, "Give Us a Face to Your Name." It's the Uptown Lounge," which is just west of the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.

I'll be covering the fights this Friday, June 10th (2005), and just might be stopping by the Uptown Lounge afterwards!

Aragon Fights Link

Manager, Derek (Center) with two of his lovely bartenders

TO SEE MORE PICS OF THE UPTOWN LOUNGE, SCROLL DOWN...

Perhaps, I'll see you there!

Best,

Juan C. Ayllon

StingerKarl

Re: Uptown Lounge Pics

Looks like a fun joint, Juan with some cute gals.
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

Thanks, Karl!

Hmmm. Well, the bartender was definitely a looker, and there were some other cuties in there as well when I shot those pics round midnight or so the last time I was in.

Coincidentally, I thought I'd throw in the photo above for kicks, since you mentioned cute girls. It's from a party I threw last summer. Janice, the one in the middle, is a cool buddy of mine. Nothing romantic, mind you, just a cool friend.

Have a good one,

Juan

StingerKarl

Re: Thanks, Karl!

Janice is Beautiful, Juan and she is wearing my favorite color.
    Janice is my Mother's name and my Daughter's middle name.
    All three girls look nice.
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

Friends, I tell Ya!

My friend, Barb

Alla

Hi Karl,

Friends are nice. However, that's about as far as it goes for me these days. I'm sure that will change at some point. Until then, I'm going to have some fun...

Cheers,

Juan

StingerKarl

Girl Happy

Uhh...It looks like you are doing ok, bro

Juan C Ayllon

Friends are Cool

Thanks, Karl!

That last photo was a setup; my friend and sometimes photographer, Tom Glunz, set that one up last year when I threw a party at my house.

Funny, though, Janice sent me a hard copy of that pic and wrote, "You are loved! The enclosed photo is proof of this," or words to that effect.

My friendships with women are purely platonic; most of them, I know from church/church affiliations.

As the saying goes, "they're good people."

The thing is, you don't kiss your friends. However, I am working on what Paul once wrote: "I have learned to be content in all things."

Cheers,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Good Time Friday at Fights and the Uptown Lounge...

Hey,

The fights were good and my visit at the Uptown Lounge, sublime.

Here's a link to my fight report, which has a whole lot of photos, including photos of Dave Pareja, Fres Oquendo, Angel Hernandez and more:

Aragon Fight Report

Exhausted, after the fights, I strolled down the street to the Uptown Lounge. I love that place!

A photo of the front from my last visit there...

Derek (center) the night shift manager, and two bartenders

This photo is from my previous visit...

...as was this one and...

...this one.

Quite honestly, I took some of these shots for references to a painting I might do later on this summer, as I want to do some oil paintings reflecting some of Chicagolands urban feel.

I visited with Derek, the manager (see above), the DJs and enjoyed several glasses of cabernet sauvignon while taking in the ambiance of very good music in a chic place!

Interestingly enough, Chris (see photo below), was on duty, but he let another part-time African American DJ take over the helm for a bit while he visited with friends. I visited with him for a bit and, like the rest of the people there, was a really cool person! He said that he did sales/marketing as his day job and mixing music was his "catharsis," or a release, if you will; he said that when he played for a couple hours, the stresses of the day just went away.

A photo of Chris from my previous visit

Like Chris and the rest, I really enjoyed his mixing! I wish I would have taken a shot or two of him, but my camera didn't take when I tried to shoot a photo of him (it's light adjustment bit is often problematic in dark rooms) and I was almost out of film.

Chris' playing was great as usual. Funny, he had an album with Henry Winkler's "Fonzie" and, laughing, he held it up and showed it to Derek, who was helping out at the bar. Pointing alternatively at Derek and then the album, he appeared to be suggesting that Derek was a "Fonz" wanna-be. What a hoot!

As a sidenote, when Chris found out that I've bought a Technics turntable and am picking up another one shortly and planning on taking some lessons, he told me that he could teach me. Even though it's a long drive from Fox Lake to Chicago, I just might take him up on a few lessons.

He also pointed out that mixing is an expensive hobby, as single albums cost around $7 for one song! He said that he had row upon row of shelves full of records about his desk area at his place. I had to laugh, adding, that I'll take my time with this stuff.

Later on, Derek the manager stepped in and did some mixing! Clearly, the guy is experienced at mixing, as he did a tasty job. It was delightful stuff. He told me that he loved this place and it showed.

Needless to say, it was a very relaxing place for me to wind down following the excitement and stress of alternatively shooting photos, keying in my report on the laptop at
    ringside, and interviewing some of these fighters! It was very relaxing, indeed.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

StingerKarl

Re: Had a Good Time Friday Night...

Those Babes are Smokin'!:hat
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

Re: Had a Good Time Friday Night...

Hi Karl,

Tell me about it! The one on the right really turns my head.

Sigh. They're both beautiful.

Enjoy your weekend!

Regards,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Photos of Ron Lipton with Several Greats

From left to right: Emile Griffith, Ruben "Hurricane" Carter, and Ron Lipton

Left to right: Joes Napoles, Ron and Emile

Jose Napoles (left) and Emile Griffith

Ron Lipton (left) and Marvelous Marvin Hagler

StingerKarl

Re: Photos of Ron Lipton with Several Greats

Those are just chilling pics of the greats!
    I gotta hang out with Juan in Chi-town: he has the 411 on all the gals!
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

A Little Humor

Hey,

I thought you might enjoy this:

Juan C Ayllon

Hey Karl...

Hi Karl,

Whereas I'm flattered, if I had the "411" on the gals in Chi-town, I probably wouldn't be spending so much time posting up here...

So, whereas I'm having some fun, I'm also keeping my eyes open for "Miss Right"...

Have a good one!

Cheers,

Juan

StingerKarl

Re: Hey Karl...

Juan:
    I dig the tanned one on Derek's right; Miss Hawaiian Tropic Herself.
    She's awesome.
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

Chicagoan MW David Estrada Wins ESPN2 Bout...

Well, David Estrada did it! He stopped his comp in the co-main event of ESPN2's Tuesday Night Fights. Check it out:

David Estrada Does Like Cubs and...

Here's David Estrada (right) with Angel Hernandez at last Fridays fights at the Aragon, which I posted a link to in my last piece on the "Uptown Lounge."

Here's a follow-up interview I conducted with Estrada on June 17th:

Estrada Talks about Upcoming Fight and Career

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Hmmm...

Hey Karl,

Now, why shouldn't that surprise me?

I hope you have a good evening,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Friday Funnies...

Hey,

I thought you might enjoy the following three pieces...

Garbage Man Flirt

Who's Bad

Flight Instructors

Happy Friday,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

A Debuting Pro to Watch: Aaron Williams!

Hey,

Check out the piece on Aaron Williams I just posted up:

Aaron Williams Piece

Aaron Williams just signed on as a pro with a team that features Jesse Reid as trainer. Williams was a well-decorated amateur. He sounds like he just might be a force to be reckoned with at cruiserweight soon!

Cheers,

jca

Juan C Ayllon

North Shore Gal in Dress

By the way, Karl, for some reason, my attentions were pulled a bit to the gal in the blue checkered dress here, who graced the Aaron Williams press conference...

Wow!

Cheers,

Juan

StingerKarl

Re: North Shore Gal in Dress

Va-Va-Voom!
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

Rafael, Juan, David Diaz Appear here...

Hey,

I thought you might enjoy seeing some fun photos, featuring Rafael, Juan, and Chicago's own junior welterweight, David Diaz and others. They appear at the site of my brother's restaurant, Cabs Wine Bar Bistro.

Check it out:

www.cabsbistro.com

Click on "About Us", scroll down and look around. Other photos of mine appear elsewhere--just click on "Upcoming Events", then "Past Dinners", then "Click Here for Pictures of the Fes Parker Dinner."

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Doobie Brothers at Ravinia

Hey,

Recently, my brother, Luis, his wife, Lisa, and a bunch of people went to Ravinia to see the Doobie Brothers play. Luis' restaurant provided the food and drink and some wine merchants provided some extra wine. What an evening!

It was a very enjoyable time of socializing, fine dining and incredible ambiance. Ironically, the Doobie Brothers, who started late, were almost an afterthought!

Here is a link to photos from our soiree:

Doobie Brothers at Ravinia

Enjoy!

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Chicago and NW Indiana Radio Listeners: Abby Ryan

Hey,

For those of you in Chicago who listen to the radio on the way to work, if you listen to WBEZ (91.5 FM) or a handful of other stations in Illinois and one or two in Indiana, chances are, you may have heard Abby Ryan announcing traffic.

Anyways, she's a buddy of mine and has a website up now. It's called www.abbyryan.com

Now, for those who refuse to copy and paste, you can click on the link below:

www.abbyryan.com

Amongst other things, she makes charms and jewelry on the side, rides her bike and is involved in a cool Christian club.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Photos from Church Project

Hey,

I have been shooting photos for my church recently. They will be putting together some sort of brochure in the next several months and asked if I could shoot photos of some of the leaders, activities and the small group that I am a part of.

I have posted photos online for their review, which you can also access by clicking on the link below:

Harvest Bible Chapel-Lake Zurich

It has been a fun project, to be sure.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Cute Greeting!

Hey,

I received the following from one of my nieces this evening:

I Like You!

She forwarded it to me and several others in my family. What a cute greeting, eh?

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

StingerKarl

Re: Cute Greeting!

Juan always shoots the hot babes in his forays into restaurants, concerts, and other outings. Just coincidence, I'm sure.
    Karl

Juan C Ayllon

You Got Me There, Karl!

Hey Karl,

You got me there! Although I'm not a former fighter like you, I'm sure enough a red-blooded male and appreciate a good looking woman without a doubt.

I think the key for me is discretion and taste. I certainly do not want to come across as a lustful lad or sexist pig. As an artist and as a man, I appreciate beauty wherever I find it.

Talk soon, my friend,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

No Babe, Here...

Here is a photo, from left to right, of my brother Luis, myself, and my friend Scott at the recent Doobie Brothers concert at Ravinia.

Cool stuff!

Best,

Juan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast