Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Close Up and Personal: Faces in the Crowd

kikibalt

pooch

Juan
    Sorry about your pooch, i know how you feel , as i'm a dog lover from way back, my wife tell me i love my dogs more then i love her

Frank B.

Juan C Ayllon

Thanks, Frank.

Hi Frank,

It is rough. Miles was a very sweet dog. People and kids, in particular loved him. When I lived in Grayslake and walked down to the summer fairs, little boys and girls would come up, pet and hug him.

I'll never forget once years ago, while jogging with Miles and a friend in downtown Grayslake. As we approached a stop sign, someone in a stopped van rolled down their window and yelled out, "Hi Miles!" It was the funniest thing!

Have yourself a good evening.

Best,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Rita Figueroa and Lois Theobald

Rita Figueroa, AKA Fightgirl, and Lois Theobald at this last Friday's fights in Chicago.

Juan C Ayllon

Juan Ayllon with Teddy Atlas...

That's me with ESPN2 Friday Night Fights Announcer, Teddy Atlas

Juan C Ayllon

ESPN's Kyle and DJ BaddMixx

Hey,

This guy, Kyle, who works for ESPN and was at the Sanchez-Simonyan, Duddy-Coleman fightcard this last Friday, also DJ's at a club in the northern Illinois suburbs. I met him through a guy, DJ Baddmixx, who is an awesome DJ, owns a DJ specialty store in Waukegan, Mixx-Music, and gives DJ lessons. Kyle apparently has taken lessons from him, as I plan to do shortly.

Mixx-Music Link

Allan "BaddMixx" Boyd (left) with a student

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Ireland's John Duddy

Here's a photo of John Duddy (right) I shot of him before his fight with Pat Coleman in Chicago.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Fres Oquendo and David Diaz at JABB Gym!

Hey,

Here's a photo of heavyweight contender Fres Oquendo (left) and Chicago junior welterweight contender, David Diaz, which I shot recently.

I shot the photo in conjunction with an interview I conducted with Fres Oquendo, which can be found at the following link:

Fres Oquendo Interview

Diaz and Oquendo won titles simultaneously at the Amateur Nationals years ago.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Andrei Arlovski

Hey,

I shot some photos of UFC Interim Heavyweight Champ, Andrei Arlovski, while my niece videotaped his mitts drills with Michael Garcia. Here is a photo as Arlovski as he takes in a point Garcia was making:

Juan C Ayllon

Andrei Arlovski and David Diaz with My Niece

Juan C Ayllon

Arlovski vs. Diaz Playing Around!

Juan C Ayllon

Arlovski Wins!

Arlovski fell back, flipping Diaz over his head, then ended up on top, where he pretended to pummel David...

Of course, afterwards, Diaz said, "I need a new shirt! I'm all wet now!" Arlovski, of course, was soaked with sweat from his workout...

Juan C Ayllon

My Other Dog, Zoe!

This is my weimeraner, Zoe. No doubt, she misses Miles, but she's doing fine and keeping me company.

--jca

Juan C Ayllon

Ron Lipton with Bernard Hopkins in 1995

Ron Lipton (right) sent in this pic with him visiting with Bernard Hopkins in 1995.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Indiana Dunes Pics

I joined some friends from a singles group at the Indiana Dunes last weekend. Here are some pics:

An acquaintance and his daughters!

Another friend, Paula, wearing a fabric frisbee as a hat

Juan C Ayllon

More Dunes Pics

Paula (left) and Ashley chat

Abby (left) and Paula

Richard, a good guy and artist!

Juan C Ayllon

Re: More Dunes Pics

A view down a large dune

That same view from the top of the dune!

Hanging out

Two Lovebirds

Juan C Ayllon

Re: More Dunes Pics

Me, underwater!

Ashley and Ashley

Juan C Ayllon

Photo of Mine Used in Church Publicity Piece

Hey,

I'm happy to say that the lower left panel in this postcard for my church was shot by none other than yours truly!

I will be shooting other photos of small group leaders for my church tomorrow night.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Josh Walls and Ben Torres

Josh Walls (left) and Ben Torres at the Vargas-Castillejo fight card in Chicago

Ben covered the majority of the card and Josh shot photos for his first time out at the fights. It was a great time for all!

Cheers,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Aaron Williams in Action

Aaron Williams versus Jolly

Juan C Ayllon

Gutierrez Defends Title

Juan C Ayllon

Jorge Bravo and Angel Hernandez

Jorge Bravo (right) wrote his first CBZ article (see http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/news) and is seen here with Angel Hernandez, who lost to Ronald "Winky" Wright in November 2003.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

Juan C Ayllon

Friends...

Ah, yes, it's Thursday evening and another weekend approaches. Whew! Busy week.

I don't know why, but I wanted to post up this photo of another friend of mine. Seems like at this juncture, "friends" are the order of the day. On one hand, it's fun and, on the other, it's frustrating. Sometimes, the bachelor life grows old.

Oh well, in the overall scheme of things, this is a minor thing. This, too, shall pass...

Regards,

Juan C. Ayllon

Kid Achilles

Re: Friends...

Cute friend, cute puppy.

Juan C Ayllon

Uh, Yeah...

Hi Kid Achilles,

Thanks. Yeah, the puppy is definitely a cute critter. But, my friend, wow! She kills me. Um, needless to say, the photo doesn't do her justice.

Anyways, I hope you have a terrific day.

Regards,

Juan

Roberto Aqui

Critters

[[[Thanks. Yeah, the puppy is definitely a cute critter. But, my friend, wow! She kills me.]]]
    ========================

Perhaps one of your mad scientist friends can arrange a file swap with the mutt. That way you get her unvarnished attention and the mutt would have to hunt around for a new meal ticket!

Juan C Ayllon

Re: Critters

Hi Roberto,

Now that's funny! Thanks for puttiing a smile on my face, Roberto!

By the way, I had my best party since 1995 last night (in 1995, I had some 50 people over at an old town home I rented with several roommates and had a gorgeous harp player entertaining). There were lots of people, the music was great and everyone had a good time.

Wish you were here!

Have a good one,

Juan

Juan C Ayllon

Just Started My Own Blog

Hey,

On my day off today, on the recommendation of a couple friends, I started my own blog entitled, "An Evening at Juans". You can see a link below:

An Evening at Juan's

I'm going to try to use it to continue working on my writing and indulge some of my various interests.

Feel free to drop in.

Cheers,

Juan C. Ayllon

kikibalt

Re: Just Started My Own Blog

Hey Juan
    That great i'm happy for you

Juan C Ayllon

Thanks, Frank!

Hi Frank,

Thanks. It's not that big a deal, but should be a fun outlet for me.

Talk soon, my friend,

Juan

Closed Thread