Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haye vs. Barrett: We need Haye to win BIG

vCash

Re: Haye vs. Barrett: We need Haye to win BIG

I don't disagree with most of what you said, but I would still like to see if Haye belongs in the top 10 (even in the current crappy heavyweight landscape) . Cliff Couser brutalized Barrett not too long ago, so beating him means very little at this point. And "obvious talent" means nothing if it cannot be applied to beating top fighters. Based on displayed talent, I thought Dominic Guinn was the next big thing in the heavyweight division a few years ago, and look at what happened to him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeLisa
    Peak physical fitness -- maybe for him
    Chiseled --an irrelevant point
    charisma -- is that another word for douchebag?
    lets his hands go -- but doesn't hold them up

So what do you want then Mike?

Contenders who fight 30 nobodies have zero charisma and have flabby tits & guts like Chambers and Arreola?

Who do you actually like?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael
    I don't disagree with most of what you said, but I would still like to see if Haye belongs in the top 10 (even in the current crappy heavyweight landscape) . Cliff Couser brutalized Barrett not too long ago, so beating him means very little at this point. And "obvious talent" means nothing if it cannot be applied to beating top fighters. Based on displayed talent, I thought Dominic Guinn was the next big thing in the heavyweight division a few years ago, and look at what happened to him.

What talent did Dominic Guinn ever display? Which specific fight?

As for the Couser loss... I think its a bit unfair not to point our Barrett was coming off a years layoff and was out of shape. He destroyed Couser in 2 rds in the rematch. Nobody in this thread is saying Barrett was at his best, but he was still a sterner test & more ambitious than anyone Kevin Johnson or Arreola have boxed in their much longer heavyweight careers.

I love the CBZ but sometimes the cynical atmos around here makes me think some of you just don't want to enjoy the game.

Banned
    vCash

OHR

From what I see, Haye probably has the MOST potential of any contender level heavy out there.

Now that can be taken for what it is.

I simply would like to see Haye do it more than once. Maybe as many as 3 or 4 times prior to facing Klit.

I agree with Hags that there is no Tyson at the end of the tunnel. But asking Haye to repeat what he did agaisnt Barrett a few more times prior to getting a shot...is that simply crazy talk?

Haye is only 28. Its' not like the clock is runnign out on him.

Repeat what he did agianst Barrett, agiasnt some opp a bit stiffer and then a bout with Klit.

That's not negativity. That's simply wanting a proven product.

Hawk

vCash

Well i don't disagree -- and Haye is pencilled in to fight another heavy in March before either Klitschko, so looks like we'll get our collective wish.

vCash

Barrett is shot but Haye did what he was suppose to do and in exciting fashion. Would you negative posters rather he flinched his way through 12 rounds in a defensive nature like Wlad did against Ibragomov? i agree that Haye should get in a short line and fight another journeyman or two before gunning for Wlad (maybe Guinn and Ibrag) but I also think he'd brutalize Wlad right this second, maybe make him quit,

WKS

Banned
    vCash

I still don't understand

why asking Haye to repeat what he did to Barrett a few more times agianst increasingly better competition prior to getting a shot at Wlad, is considered negative posting.

It was one showing over an overmatched, past his best, middle of the road heavy. He did what he was supposed to have done agianst such an opponent.

All that is being said is that he needs to do it agian and probably agian after that, prior to getting a go at Little Klit.

Would we rather see a rising Heavyweight contender in with an overmatched faded journeyman vs seeing a dreadfully dull heavyweight title fight as we saw with Wlad and Sultan?

I don't think we want to see either. Do you? Is a mismatch all that much better than a horrid borefest?

If Haye is the "real deal" and a future opponent of Wlad's, he needs to keep this going and going forward.

That's all and IMO, that's not negativity.

Hawk

vCash

The scene is so farcical now, that if Holy is getting a shot, then anyone should be able to get a shot. Haye is new to the division; but I don't think he needs to prove anything as far as the standard needed is concerned. I wouldn't object at all to his getting a shot!

Banned
    vCash

I too

would probably not object to Haye getting a shot right now.

But to quote.......YOU Walsh: "Let's wait a while before making Haye out to be the next big thing!"

I think that is all that is being said here, by those asking to see a bit more out of Haye, before any judgement is passed on his value among the big boys.

Rushing into a title fight with Wlad right now, may not be the best course of action.

He's 28. No need to rush this.

Hawk

vCash

Re: I too

Quote Originally Posted by hawk5ins
    would probably not object to Haye getting a shot right now.

But to quote.......YOU Walsh: "Let's wait a while before making Haye out to be the next big thing!"

I think that is all that is being said here, by those asking to see a bit more out of Haye, before any judgement is passed on his value among the big boys.

Rushing into a title fight with Wlad right now, may not be the best course of action.

He's 28. No need to rush this.

Hawk
    Yes, by that I am talking on a legacy and historical basis
    I can't see why a shot would be out of the question.
    Even if he wins, I won't be making it out as the next big thing.
    You follow me?

That is how dire the division has become.

Haye KO's Holy IMO, and Holy is getting shots!

Though, rushing in may be a little early as you said; however, as things stand, he's as good
    as the rest of the cans!

Administrator
    vCash

I think we're all saying a different flavor of the same thing at this point.

Banned
    vCash

Make mine

Mint Chocolate Chip.

Hawk

Administrator
    vCash

You got it as long as I get Choc & PB

vCash

Rocky Road.

Wait, that is the flavor Haye is trying to avoid.

vCash

Rafael- now THAT was funny. Nice work.

Like others have expressed after my less than glowing review of Haye's performance, I just want to be clear. The jury is still deliberating. Like everyone else on here, I live and die by this sport and the game lives and dies by the heavyweight champion.

I would like nothing more than for Haye to turn out to be the second coming of Dempsey, Louis or Tyson -a ferocious, heavy-handed killer who dispatches everyone with frightening ease. In a trickle down sport like ours, that would be a well-needed and almost necessary injection of excitement and interest.

Maybe I was a little harsh in my critique but thats what I saw. I can't stand WK since the very moment Corrie Sanders seperated him from his senses because while even Lennox Lewis was cautious at times, I never saw THIS...from the heavyweight..ahem..champion. And while I want to see him KO'd and relieved of his duties, I think it's more likely, imho, that he turns the trick on Haye. At this point anyway and as stated before, based solely on one isolated viewing.

Hope trhe guy proves me wrong. I really do.

Administrator
    vCash

I gave Wlad a second shot but he lost me after he started the fight-long wave-my-jab-a-thons. Vitaly should just take his little brother's belt. What's Wlad gonna do about it?

vCash

This will be Haye after a couple of years in the heavyweight division:

Administrator
    vCash

now that was funny. nice raf

vCash

haye will still never get past the true champ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread