Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Klit-Rahman Results & Discussion 12/13/'08

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Lil' Klit-Rahman Results & Discussion 12/13/'08

This fight is on earler than usual due to time differences because the fight is live in Germany. Check your local listings but it is scheduled at 1:45 left coast time & 4:45 on the east coast.

The will also be showing a replay of last week's Oscar-Pac disaster.

Our resident Eastern European heavyweight expert, Wladimir Klitschko Sucks, will give us his usual totally unbiased report.

Whatta way to end the fight year. Last week's fizzle & now this potentially worse fight of the year though it will be pretty hard to top last week in this regard.

Per usual please keep all discussion of this fight to this thread. Redundant threads will be deleted.

thanks,

GorDoom

vCash

Re: W.Klit-Rahman? UGH!

This fight will be fun to watch just to see the terrified look on Vlad's face when he is facing a puncher, until he realizes Rock is slow, old and fat, with
    nothing left then it's jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab
    straight right.......

yawn

Back to South Africa? I think not, but we all can have our dreams

Administrator
    vCash

Sounds about right. Maybe Wlad will treat us to some pawing & slapping Rahmans hands down also.

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Lil' Klit-Rahman Results & Discussion 12/13/'08

WKS rules!

Don't forget there also is;
    Holt-Hopkins on Showtime tonight (A letdown from Torres but should be entertaining nonetheless)
    and how can you forget...
    Toney-Oquendo on VS

Yippiekaiyay

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GorDoom

Eastern European heavyweight expert, Wladimir Klitschko Sucks will give us his usual totally unbiased report.

LOL!! Can't wait to read it!

vCash

I'm telling you guys, I see a bomb coming. It only takes one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1
    I'm telling you guys, I see a bomb coming. It only takes one.
    I do too but it will be landing on Rahman.

Administrator
    vCash

Guys -- once again we are offering the ability to score the fight live with our online scorecard. Give it a try -- even if you ahve to run to the other room to get to your computer! You have 60 seconds between rounds to score -- and it is good exercise!

To score the fight follow this link -- you have to register but it is very easy and cool!

Launch Scorecard

vCash

Hbo, predictably left out Wlads loss to Lamon Brewster in the prefight recap of Klitschkos career.

Rock is entering the ring now.

The Ukraine anthem sounds like somethign you hear on a merry go round. Klitsschko looks as bored as always.
    Last edited by Wladimir Klitschko Sucks; 12-13-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Administrator
    vCash

PS -- let's see how good my sources are -- word i have is that Rock is TOTALLY a shot fighter.

vCash

Yeah, and he's fighting a guy who has never been a real fighter. Or even been in a real fight that he survived. It could be a pretty even match up but of course on short notice Rahman is a set up that is supposed to lose.

EMF

vCash

Referee is Tony Weeks.

Here we go!

R1
    WK start sith his pawing jab. Rock jabbing too with a wider stance. Rock gets in a jab. Both guys throwing only jabs, now WK lands a hard left hook. WK lands a jab and then misses a left hook. Another let hook landed by WK. WK trees a right and misses. Rock ducks under a hard left lead. Tied up. WK lands a right.Rock lands a body shot. Klits round.

vCash

R2
    Rock looked nervous in his corner. Mcgurt.
    More tying up to start the 2nd. Right landed by Klit, now Rock wisely lands a rabbit shot, he needs to rough him up more. jab landed by Rock and another rabbit punch. Wk jabbing and missing. good inside work by Rock, but hes not doing enough to get out of harms way.

vCash

R3
    Rock lands a jab, so does WK. rock ties him up again. WK landing more jabs, has Rock on the ropes,. Croswd getting excited. Now a left by WK. Rock doing nothing. Another jab by Wk. Rock hasn't thorwn a punch in 2 minutes. His head is snapping back. Wlad just having his way. Rock finally out of the corner and throwing wildly but Wlad is just bouncing away. Big round by WK.

vCash

R4
    Rock looks like a beatn man in his corner.
    Wk starting with jab after jab, all landing. Kellerman just called Rock a Top 20 heavyweight. Tie up. More jabs by WK and Rock doing nothing. Big left hook by Wlad, Rock just covering up.

vCash

R5
    Big left hooks now landing fro Wald. landing jabs at will. Lewis just pointed out that Wald is taking too long to win this fight, and that he was able to KO a prime Rachman in 4.
    Round basically a repeat of the last.

vCash

R^
    Rock gets knocked down by a left hook. He looks completely shot. Wald now coming in for the kill, Rok covering up. Wald landing hard shots. Rock just laying on the ropes looking for one big shot. Weeks looking closely. Lewis just said 'Wlad is only throwing two punches -jab, left hook and right hand.' ???

vCash

R7
    WLad landing a big combo, Rock laying on the ropes again, now Weeks jusmps in and stops it.

Wlad by TKO. Rock looked completely SHOT.

Administrator
    vCash

My source was good -- Rock was shot -- actually, the word is he wouldn't last as long as he did.

Horrible bout, and horrible announcing by Lennox -- somebody put a muzzle on him.

vCash

I bet folks jump on Wlad's bandwagon yet again. Just remember like Pac last week Wlad faced a completely shot fighter who offered absolutely no resistance.

Anybody can look good against a bi-pedal punching bag.

EMF

vCash

Lennox...Please shut up and put your gloves back on..........

Well, uh not really

I think it speaks very well for Lewis's power, that his left righht combo put a younger less pathetic Rock down and out, while Rock ate punches like popcorn from Vlad....and finally by accumulation called it a night.

Administrator
    vCash

Lennox has some pair of balls to criticize Klit for being cautious wheny he was as cautious as Klit!

vCash

All he can do is win against...at least Wlad mostly does that and mostly against top ten guys. Tonight, he didn't even have one of those.

vCash

Terrible.

A completly shot overweight one-shot wonder vs Dr. Timid-Hands.

Klitschko snapped his jab better than his last few fights, I'll give him that.

Please Povetkin or Haye . . . end this.

vCash

I thought Rahman would come over Wlad jab or jump in behide the left hook. Instead rahman just got his ass handed to him. I hate it when a fighter shows up for a payday.

vCash

Rachman was totally shot before the bell rang. Soft belly, old legs, doughy, big breath of nervousness and unsureness before the fight, writing on the wall.

Lil Klit and his brother I respect as well conditioned big athletes who worked hard outside the ring, I love with all my heart their dear love for each other as family, their education and their hard training ethic.

Lil Klit knows the fundamentals of boxing as as stand up European fighter. He is a big strong guy with physical gifts. The fact is he is very boring, very tentative and his chin is just fair. No pizzaz, just robotical basics applied by a Transformer doing facial damage to lesser mortals.

Never goes to the body in a spectacular sure fire way, just whittles away from the outside against floundering sea creatures. Just look at what flabby Corey Sanders did once he is hit on the chin.

Lets see a heavyweight fight before boxing dies. The nipple against Hayes would be nice. I almost fell asleep watching this fight.

The ref Tony Weeks has put on a tremendous amount of weight and impedes his quickness for the lighter fighters. His command of "Stop, stop, stop" in triplicate for each break is not clear enough for the fighters and he broke them too soon at times. I cannot understand why he gets all those assignments after the Castillo V Corrales mouthpiece debacle
    Not waiting until there was a lull in the action cost Castillo the fight.
    Many better refs out there but are not as politcally correct and connected to the alphabet bosses as strongly I would imagine.

Just a horrible snooze of a fight, lousy action. To bring the fans back they have to make Hatton v Pacman, PBF v Pacman, Hayes v Arreola, and DLH v Hatton in a last try for redemtion for Oscar, Calzaghe v Abraham NOW,
    and some hot fights on HBO and Showtime without these stink pay per view jobs.
    Larry Hazzard was back in the ring in Germany with the IBF.

Administrator
    vCash

[link="http://www.fightjudge.com"][/link]

and my card:

[link="http://www.fightjudge.com"][/link]

vCash

This is boxing's HW version of "Night of the Living Dead" this weekend: Bowe, Toney, Oquendo, Rahman.

Sheesh.

I hear Jack O'Halloran is angling for a comeback at this rate.

vCash

The best third man NOT in the ring these days said: "Lil Klit and his brother I respect as well conditioned big athletes who worked hard outside the ring, I love with all my heart their dear love for each other as family, their education and their hard training ethic."

Yes, Ron...they are both intelligent, educated men who also are great benefactors to a variety of charities both in the U.S. and abroad. But they also endeavor to rule the heavyweight division in boxing, and in as much as they have both been exposed over the years as either china-chinned and/or robotic and unimaginative in the ring, they are not the answer to boxing's doldrums today.

You know, Mike Tyson routinely gets slammed on this, and many other boxing boards for the diet of stiffs he was fed, or for the over the hill guys he beat, or for his limitations as a fighter (his jab was only good for ringing doorbells, etc.), but I'm starting to think that we will NEVER again see the massive spike in excitement and interest--even among the most clueless observers of the sport--in boxing that we saw with the Tyson juggernaut.

Personally, I think the game is in worse shape today than it was after champs like Tunney, Louis and Marciano retired, or when Ali was stripped of his title and banished.

Don't know who the next savior is going to be, but I don't see him on the horizon any time soon.
    Last edited by Kyoodle; 12-14-2008 at 02:11 AM.

vCash

BTW, after watching Holt lick Hopkins I'm left with the inescapable conclusion that Farhood and Charles arrive at the fight site about ten minutes before the first bell. Complete lack of preparation, lots of miscues and miscalls, and the worst chemistry since Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts....although Charles has better hair than both of those ham-and-eggers.

Does anybody else miss the following guys from broadcasts past? Mark Beiro as the ring announcer, and Tim Ryan and Barry Tompkins doing blow-by-blow? Personally, no one's ever going to replace Dunphy in my book...and the guy worked ALONE, too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast