Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: R.I.P. Arturo Gatti

vCash

Re: R.I.P. Arturo Gatti

As I said, in the published crime scene photo, the stool was undisturbed.

vCash

DC - yes, you did mention the undisturbed stool post # 113. My skim read missed that.

If the crime scene photo (which I've seen also) reflects the scene exactly as the police found it, then the upright stool certainly wasn't screaming SUICIDE but I think it should have been noted all the same. Earlier reports also suggested that it appeared THAT the crime scene may've been "Altered" - without specifying exactly how the scene might've been "Altered" for whatever motive.

Perhaps now the upright stool might fall under the "Altered" perception, possibly explained away by the wife perhaps having righted and moved the stool before realising that Gatti was dead - initially believing that he had simply fallen down drunk from a seated position. Just anticipating the "Defense" for same.

Maybe I watch too much L & O but I would think they might've at least found evidence of Gatti's feet or footwear having contact with the top of the stool to support their conclusion.

vCash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKFwD...layer_embedded

A nice tribute video to all three recent fallen warriors.

vCash

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...rustrated.html

Evidence of blunt-force trauma? So, then, Gatti beat himself up before he hanged himself?

I also wonder why a public figure with tons of fans would a) commit suicide thousands of miles from home; and b) leave no suicide note?

Banned
    vCash

Cause

He was:

A-drunk off his ass,

B- depressed as all hell (cause his marriage was falling apart and a crowd of people just showered him with insults and threw rocks at him after he pushed his wife to the ground in front of them)

and

C-not thinking clearly?

That's one theory.

Hawk

vCash

Gatti’s wife to sue over husband’s death

August 28, 2009 by Edgar Gonzalez

The wife of boxer Arturo Gatti intends to sue the state of Pernambuco for arresting her as a prime suspect in her husband’s death a month ago.

Amanda Rodrigues spent 18 days in jail after husband found dead at Brazil resort town of Porto de Galinhas.

Rodrigues’ lawyer, Celio Avelino, said by telephone Thursday his client is taking action against the state for “wrongfully accusing her of murder.” Avelino said paperwork will be filed in about 20 days. He declined to provide further details.

A day after Gatti was found dead, police said his 23-year-old wife strangled him with her purse strap as he drunkenly slept. But on July 30, police ruled the 37-year-old boxer had committed suicide and Rodrigues was released from jail

vCash

vCash

Yeah she really deserves a penny for aggravating him to death,
    possibly killing him and driving him insane according toall reports about him fighting with her about her flirting and dressing like a whore to drive the guys nuts. Sounds reasonable to me, yeah thats it, give her everything, not his mother.

vCash

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8266380.stm
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...919?hub=Canada

don't know what the hell to think... however the toxin substance found could definately mean foul play and warrents further investigation!

vCash

Well, the drug in the system, how does this prove foul play?

Could Gatti not have ingested said drug himself with no
    interference? Did he ingest it to maybe ease the possible
    pain or suffering that he thought may occur from trying to take his life?

What exactly was the drug? Even if the wife gave him the drug, aren't they saying
    he died from hanging? Seems strange to me that a female killer would go
    to these lengths to kill a man.

vCash

"COULD" was the word walsh...

It 'may' very well be suicide - shocking and hard too come to terms with, but yes might just be a suicide.

COULD however be a murder still(???), Who knows, just yet?

Administrator
    vCash

WAH WAH my wife is a piece of ass who I met while stripping. WAH! She is still dressing like a whore WAH! GLURGK!

Geeze, guys, you can't fault the wife for anything. She was his wife, she had his child, she deserves his estate.

Perhaps the pussy drove him nuts, but that just means he allowed it to do so.

He got what he paid for it seems in terms of his relationship with her. The fact that he got drunk/drugged up (note proper use of the virgule) and killed himself was his choice.

vCash

No crying for him at all.

I would imagine he had hoped for a decent change. He obviously did not get it.

Who knows what she "Deserves." It is very hard to believe he killed himself and anyone that drove him to it if so, certainly does not deserve a reward.

Legal, isn't everything. She may be the mammal that mated with him and produced a wanted or unwanted offspring, who knows. A very suspicious death to be sure, a beloved champion and brave warrior.

I understand the legal aspect of it, but something stinks about the injustice of it.

We all have our own problems to dwell on, certainly not his, but a sorry demise for a great warrior and a very sleazy spouse to be rewarded for it.

vCash

I just read that the second autopsy found a drug that causes drowsiness in his system. That alone raises a red flag of suspicion regarding someone who all his close family and friends say would never kill himself.

I did not know him, I cannot say. Just sad all the way around.

vCash

Here's another up-date on Arturo Gatti

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...922?hub=Canada

No conclusion on Gatti suicide report: Que. coroner

Updated Tue. Sep. 22 2009 1:39 PM ET

The Canadian Press

The Quebec coroner's office vehemently denies a report that it has concluded boxer Arturo Gatti committed suicide.

It disputes suggestions that it agrees with the Brazilian authorities who believe the former champion hung himself.

Montreal's La Presse newspaper reported that it had obtained details of a second autopsy -- this one conducted in Quebec -- that confirmed the suicide finding from Brazilian authorities.

But the Quebec coroner's office released a statement Tuesday saying it was still gathering material, and that it could take months to publish its findings.

"Despite what's being reported, at no point did the coroner's office or one of its representatives deliver any such information (confirming suicide)," said the statement Tuesday.

"The coroner's office wants to dissociate itself from these supposed leaks and all other speculation that's appeared in certain media in recent days."

The coroner's office said it had yet to receive a report from the second autopsy, and had only received a portion of the documents it requested from authorities in Brazil.

The Quebec office says it will share its findings in a public report -- but says it will take a while.

"Given the complexity associated with the international character of this case, several months will probably be required," the statement said.

Gatti's widow had expressed relief at the report in La Presse.

Amanda Rodrigues was initially suspected of killing her husband in July, but was quickly freed as Brazilian authorities determined Gatti committed suicide.
    Last edited by hhascup; 09-23-2009 at 01:43 PM.

vCash

here is the bulk of that official statement;

But the Quebec coroner's office released a statement Tuesday saying it was still gathering material, and that it could take months to publish its findings.

"Despite what's being reported, at no point did the coroner's office or one of its representatives deliver any such information (confirming suicide)," said the statement Tuesday.

"The coroner's office wants to dissociate itself from these supposed leaks and all other speculation that's appeared in certain media in recent days."

The coroner's office said it had yet to receive a report from the second autopsy, and had only received a portion of the documents it requested from authorities in Brazil.

The Quebec office says it will share its findings in a public report -- but says it will take a while.

"Given the complexity associated with the international character of this case, several months will probably be required," the statement said.

Banned
    vCash

Bump

vCash

Banned
    vCash

Not surprised on the choice of Cyril Wecht.

Wecht has the credibility in his pocket, but his ties conspiracy theories, dates back to the JFK assassination.

The trend seems to continue here. Again, being highly critical of the autopsy and off the cuff comments that really don't support any one single theory, but rather a simple denial of the results that were concluded.

The weight test of the hand bag strap was certainly an interesting piece that Dr. Zydlo introduced. But it makes me wonder if the statement can be proven.

Much like the Kennedy assassination, you have so called experts saying that no one could have fired the three shots Oswald did in the time he did, from the distance he did, with the rifle he had and achieving the accuracy he accomplished.

And yet, the feat has been duplicated and improved upon numerous times.

So while the test of the bag strap snapping at 70 pounds of weight sounds pretty conclusive, I would like to see the results proven out before believing this completely.

Finally, the comments about the private investigators hired by the Gatti family stating that they had no control over the crime scene in Brazil. That the body was moved as was other evidence.

Here's my obvious question: When were they hired and when did they arrive at the hotel in Brazil? How long was the hotel room/Crime scene, and especially, the Body of Gatti, to have remained untouched so that these PI's could get to where Gatti's death happened and they perform their OWN investigation.

Making the statement they did makes the Brazilian police sound inept and or corrupt indeed. But without any sort of time reference as to when they actually got to Brazil, the comment holds almost no value what so ever.

To me, this only adds questions as opposed to providing answers.

vCash

I received this from 48 Hours this morning:

COMING UP – THE SEASON PREMIERE OF 48 HOURS MYSTERY:
    “ARTURO GATTI’S LAST FIGHT”
    SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (10:00 P.M., ET/PT)

CLICK HERE FOR A PREVIEW OF THE NEW SEASON

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7379522n

WHAT: The 48 HOURS MYSTERY season premiere brings you an investigation into the mysterious death of world championship boxer Arturo Gatti.

WHO: Correspondent Erin Moriarty reports on Gatti, the ultimate blood and guts warrior, who won three world titles, including welterweight champion. A multi-millionaire known for his legendary trilogy of fights with Mickey Ward, Gatti’s professional fights were nothing compared to the shadows he faced outside the ring. Two years after retiring, did Gatti kill himself or was it murder?

WHEN: Saturday, September 24 (10:00 P.M. ET/PT)

WHY YOU Exclusive television interviews with:
    SHOULD
    WATCH: - The woman at the center of the drama: Gatti’s widow, Amanda, in her first television interview.
    - Gatti’s brother, Joe, who speaks for the first time on-camera about the demons his brother faced. He shares his own theory about how Arturo died, a serious departure from what the rest of the Gatti family is convinced happened that night.
    - Mickey Ward, whose life story became an award-winning movie, “The Fighter,” tells us his friend would never have taken his own life.
    - Mario Costa, a friend who knew Gatti since he was 17 years old, and provides insight into the truth of the champion’s emotional state.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW
    PREVIEW CLIP AND EARLY EXCERPTS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN ADVANCE OF BROADCAST
    # # #

Follow 48 HOURS MYSTERY on Facebook and Twitter.

vCash

So Gatti's widow gets the lot...

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

thats fine IF she's innocent, BUT her days in remand, and her joy in release not long after such a tragic loss, to me at least spell police corruption and copulation, lots of it, 2 weeks of it or whatever the hell length of time she spent in there.

Hard to say, just never felt right about the whole business.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345