Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vitali Klit. vs Cris Arreola 9/26

vCash

Re: Vitali Klit. vs Cris Arreola 9/26

well you can't say the klits aren't smart. i think vit is playing policeman for little bro. arreola might have been able to hurt wlad. vit is tougher and if he gives chris a real good beating wlad may not have to take a chance and go on fighting worse stiffs..... ahh, the heavyweights.

greg

Administrator
    vCash

gotta give it to the klit. he did another solid here.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4441792

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity
    I think I would quit being a boxing fan if Arreola were to win this.

I don't think you'll have to quit just yet. This should be not much more than a sparring session for Vitali.

Administrator
    vCash

I know, just saying. He should beat him into a pulp in around 6 or 7 rounds.

vCash

Klit is going to bust him open like an overripe melon, and in less than five rounds.

Downside: It's going to show the lack of depth in the division and finish CA as a viable contender (maybe not SO much a downside on this count).

Upside: It's going to embellish Big Klit's creds and make him The Man at HW for the time being.

Bottom line: When was the last time a 38-year old with a propensity towards injury was the savior of the heavyweight division?

Regards,
    Kyoodle

vCash

At least the Klitschko's stay busy and win. The division sure seems dismal alright, but it's hard to imagine what things would look like in the present and for the next 3 years w/o them. Unfortunately, this is the gold old days.

vCash

Arreola is going to get destroyed. I just see absolutely zero chance of him winning.

Arreola seems like a guy that is already happy with what he has accomplished. I think he'll be happy, for the rest of his life, to be the guy that can walk around Riverside, California and be content with what he has done so far.

The time leading up to the fight against Klitschko, and until the first bell rings, will be what he'll talk about the rest of his life.

After that - his boxing career will all go down hill in my opinion.

vCash

Cris Arreola had a media workout today, here's a great quote from the big man himself:

ďAccording to all the internet websites, Iím weighing upwards of 280 (pounds) or something like that. You know what; right now I weigh in the low 260ís. Come fight time, Iím probably going to be 200 pounds (joking).

shit, the fight is two weeks away and the guy looks more swollen than ever based on the training photos, looks like he isn't going to trim down even for the biggest fight of his life, sad..

vCash

Its going to be a whale-spearing, like Kirk Johnson all over again.

Abysmal, these American heavies and their refusal to get into shape.

vCash

Arreola will be beaten thoroughly. I hope he(Arreola) catches lightning in a bottle and lands the one big punch.

vCash

Agreed, Proto. Arreola looks to be in abysmal shape. With only 2 and 1/2 weeks to go this is NOT the time to START getting in shape. His lack of professionalism is disgusting in my opinion. He looks so out of shape, that he won't even have the energy to land a lucky punch. Like so many of the challengers to the Klitchko brothers, he is going to show up unprepared and just be happy to be there. And in the now one and a million chance that he does get lucky (which is much less likely against Vitali than Wlad), these disrespectful, lazy training techniques will most certainly lead to a very short stay at the top.

vCash

I don't think Arreola really believes he's going to win, just from reading some of his quotes. He sounds very uncertain to me. Easy fight for Vitali.

vCash

Arreola amazed by Rose cameo
    By Robert Morales, Staff Writer

By Robert Morales Staff Writer

VAN NUYS - There, Pete Rose sat on a stool inside Joe Goossen's Gym on Tuesday. He was waiting for heavyweight contender Chris Arreola to begin sparring in preparation for his Sept.26 challenge to heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko at Staples Center.

Rose is Major League Baseball's all-time hits leader. He played the game with rare spirit, earning the nickname "Charlie Hustle."

Apparently, Rose has an affinity for Arreola because he displays similar zest in the ring.

"I love Chris' passion for the sport," Rose said. "And I just think he's got a lot of ability. He can hit hard, he's got a good chin. He gets mad. That's the kind of guy I want in my corner. You knock him down, he gets up and knocks the hell out of you."

Rose was present when Arreola was decked in the second round by Travis Walker in November in Ontario. Arreola came back and stopped Walker in the next round in vicious fashion.

"It's almost like it woke him up," Rose said. "I was at ringside and he got knocked down and it looked like he wanted to say, `What the hell am I doing on this canvas?' He got up and just haymakered the (expletive) out of him."

Mutual admiration

To say Arreola, 28, was stoked about Rose being on hand would be an understatement.

"When I met Pete Rose, I'm like, `Man, I'm a big fan,' Arreola said. "He goes, `Man, I'm a big fan of you.' And I'm like, `Man, you only seen me

for a year. I've seen you like my whole life.'
    "It's a big honor to have someone like Pete Rose to actually follow me and be here, to actually want to be at my training camp to watch."

U-S-A, U-S-A

If Arreola wins, he will become the first heavyweight champion of Mexican heritage. But Arreola, of Riverside via East Los Angeles, said it is at least as important to him that he brings one of the title belts back to the United States.

Currently, all four major belts are held by Eastern Bloc fighters.

"You see I have a tattoo of the Statue of Liberty before I got anything Mexican," Arreola said, proudly showing off the tattoo on his right arm. "And the reason I'm so proud to be an American is because my parents came out here to give me a better life.

"I'm glad and blessed to be born here. I thank God every chance I get for being an American."

Arreola's parents were born in Mexico.

Seal of approval

Three sparring partners went three rounds apiece with Arreola. First it was Lance Whitaker, then Malik Scott and finally Cisse Salif.

The going was crisp, at times heated, as Whitaker and Arreola talked trash during their final round.

Observing was trainer John Bray of Van Nuys. Bray was 15-3-2 with five knockouts in the 1990s and was a Mike Tyson sparring partner during Tyson's championship years. Bray, who the day of this fight will be inducted into the California Boxing Hall of Fame, liked what he saw from Arreola.

"He's in shape," Bray said during Arreola's sparring with Salif.

"He keeps pushing forward with all these fresh guys. He's throwing as many punches as he did in the first round."

Arreola's trainer, Henry Ramirez, was pleased with Arreola's overall body of work.

"The thing we're working on is hitting everything that is available - arms, shoulders, everything," Ramirez said.

Daddy's little girl

Arreola's daughter, Danae, is seven years old. But she goes to all of dad's fights.

"She knows that I box, that I fight," Arreola said. "She's a kid and she really doesn't understand because she's been around it her whole life. Ever since she was a baby, she's been in a boxing gym.

"I remember me sparring and you can see her in the background in her mom's arms and her jumping up and down. So to her, what daddy does, she probably thinks that everybody's dad does this."

Not everyone's dad could.

robert.morales@presstelegram.com

vCash

Maybe this fight is such a foregone conclusion that our revered compadres here didn't even feel the need to weigh in on the recent pictures and quotes from the final press conference. Although I have never been a big Vitali fan, I respect his overall game much more than his faster (but weaker chinned and weaker minded) little brother. And He appears to be confident and in shape. Chris Arreola, on the other hand, looks disgraceful. He is woefully out of shape, and is going to get a beating on saturday. I really wanted to give arreola a puncher's chance, but it looks at this point to be a total joke. To quote the venerable Dean Wormer: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." Showing up to the biggest fight of your life out of shape and seemingly just "happy to be there" is the surest way to assure that you not only get knocked out, but that nobody will even want to see you on tv again. As a sidenote, I was surprised to see just how small arreola looked next to Vitali in spite of Arreola's 2000 burrito lead.

Administrator
    vCash

I don't think there is enough luck out there to bail Cris out of the beating he will get this weekend.

Banned
    vCash

Me Thinks

Joe Hipp Vs Chris Arreola would have been interesting.

And unsightly.

Hawk

vCash

Hawk
    That's a clubfight I'd pay to see!
    Gary

vCash

Vitali's going to take him into shallow waters and beach him........

Hawk,

That's actually a good fantasy match up, Hipp had a bit better skill set,
    Chris hits harder, neither move well, kinda like Rock em Sock em fat robots......

vCash

Re: Me Thinks

Quote Originally Posted by hawk5ins
    Joe Hipp Vs Chris Arreola would have been interesting.

And unsightly.

Hawk
    That would kind of be a interesting match up. If you could add Sam Peters a we would have a round robin tour with 2 killer whales and a water buffalo. The winner would be given an all you can eat buffets for a month.

vCash

I covered a lot of Joe Hipp fights during his last days, fighting guys who were flat-out sent in to get KOed. One guy was nicknamed Sir Jabalot--can't recall his real name. But still and all, Joe could take a hell of a shot, he was tough as corned beef hash, and as has been mentioned had a much better skill set than Areola--I think Joe would have mugged him.

vCash

By the way, did anyone else notice that they list Arreola at 6'4"? He looks at least 6-8' inches shorter than Vitali in the pictures of them next to each other. So either Vitali is having another growth spurt at 38, or Arreola (or more likely his full of shit, cheeseball promoter: Dan Goosen) is fudging on the tale of the tape. Unfortunately for both of them, it is a tale of the tape that will rarely be seen again on tv after he gets his beatdown this weekend.

Banned
    vCash

Say what you like about Hipp, but his blood and guts match with Morrison was about as stirring and entertaining as any physical confrontation I've ever witnessed. And that was due to both guys.

They catch a lot of crap today for their shortcomings, but on that Saturday afternoon, they were fucking warriors. PeteLeo.

vCash

By the way, did anyone else notice that they list Arreola at 6'4"? He looks at least 6-8' inches shorter than Vitali in the pictures of them next to each other
    yea Julian, when I met and spoke with Arreola earlier this year, he wasn't very much taller than me if at all, I'm a little shorter than 6'3 so he has to be around 6'3 or so, but he just doesn't really look like a heavyweight based on his frame,

as far as his weight for the Klitschko fight, well, for a heavyweight title fight that he doesn't deserve, he should have come in at at least 240 if not lighter, on the positive side, 251 is lighter than he has been weighing for his last couple of fights, and for a fat ass he looked in the best shape I've ever seen him in in the weigh in shots.

vCash

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/klitsc...ts-and-photos/

For him, Chris looks in decent shape. The reality is that he should be fighting at 220 or so ...

Vitali looks like he is in terrific shape, as if he actually put on some muscle in the chest, shoulders and arms ...

vCash

Pretty good stare, Vitali.

Administrator
    vCash

I think the greying hair makes Vitali look even meaner.

Banned
    vCash

Pete

As it pertains to Hipp and Arreola, it wasn't the "Guts" FIGURATIVELY I have an Issue with.

It's the "Guts" LITERAL that are the issue.

Hawk

vCash

I will be rooting for Arreola.... but like most people on this site, I believe the odds are against him. Would feel better if he was fighting Wladmir instead of Vitaly. Who knows stranger things in boxing has happened.

vCash

Under that 25 lb beerfat suit that Arreola wears into the ring for every fight, I'm sure there are some muscles.

The writing has been on the wall with this guy for awhile now.

Win or lose, he'll be 260+ for his next fight.

Vitali in 6.

vCash

Arreola has a 50/50 chance if he stays close and busy, and stop pushing his straight right!!! I looking for a good fight between these two heavy's, Chris must get past Vitali's jab or this will be a long and boring contest!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast