The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abraham v. Taylor

Banned
    vCash

Re: Abraham v. Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by HE Grant
    I really don't know much about these guys but Abraham is a strange fighter. His style reminds me most of Curly from Hard Times .. .
    When I read that, in the brief flicker of time between "Curly" and "Hard Times," I had a vision of a short, round, bald guy running in place while slapping his own face and chirping, "Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!" before finishing up with a windmill overhand right to the top of his opponent's skull.

We really are mental prisoners of our youth, aren't we?" PeteLeo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PeteLeo
    When I read that, in the brief flicker of time between "Curly" and "Hard Times," I had a vision of a short, round, bald guy running in place while slapping his own face and chirping, "Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!" before finishing up with a windmill overhand right to the top of his opponent's skull.

Pete, you dirty S.O.B.: I had a perfectly-good mouthful of half-chewed almonds in my mouth before I read that passage.

Total agreement, though: I can more easily quote the Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, and whistle the theme songs to "Car 54 Where Are You?", "The Munsters", "F-Troop", etc., than I can describe the events of the last 24 hours in a coherent manner.

Ky

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PeteLeo

Is that really so far off?

vCash

I am enjoying all the comments from the fellas! They are all intellegent and well thought out and Im very happy that we may have bouts in the future between two non americans that might interest and generate opinions. Abrahams victory in that fashion was a boom for boxing all over the world. We may have another fighter like Manny Pac who we can be excited about. If the opponents are there for Artur Im sure the matches will be made that will excite fans all over. Power like Art has will always generate interest. Thanks guys.

Banned
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoodle
    Total agreement, though: I can more easily quote the Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, and whistle the theme songs to "Car 54 Where Are You?", "The Munsters", "F-Troop", etc., than I can describe the events of the last 24 hours in a coherent manner.

Ky
    Do you still know all the words to the "Underdog" themesong? PeteLeo.

vCash

Nope but I got all Scooby Doo songs down to a T

Banned
    vCash

vCash

i have seen threads morph before but.........

greg

Administrator
    vCash

Taylor fought hard but to me it was shades of his rematch with Pavlik where he kind of fought to stay out of a fight, so he lost. I think he wasted too much time on just jabbing without having a plan behind it. Someone with his speed should be throwing a lot more lead rights and with a guard like Abraham's, stuff some uppercuts in there. It's hard not to like Taylor but he is just a cut below the best & on his best nights he was just a hair above than the cut. I had hoped he would finish the fight on his feet but he got too brave in the end for his own good once again.

Nobody is beating Kessler in this tournament.

-Abraham should not be able to wade through Kessler's arsenal all night while looking to land but he should be fine against someone like Froch. But...AA does have some serious accuracy and the kind of hurt he puts out doesn't just dissipate. When has Kessler gotten rung by someone like that?

-Kessler should dismantle Froch on fundamentals alone. I just don't see him falling for Froch's style at all and I don't see Froch dealing with him well either.

-I am very curious how Kessler would perform against speed like Dirrell's or Ward's but I have a hard time seeing how either of those guys at this stage could best him in 12. They may have a more varied arsenal than Kessler but the things that Kessler does, he does extremely well. Mundine was a shifty & quick fighter and it didn't seem to faze Kessler in the least.

Administrator
    vCash

The winner of the Bute/Andrade rematch is a natural replacement for JTs spot. In fact they both should have been in there to begin with.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by diggity
    The winner of the Bute/Andrade rematch is a natural replacement for JTs spot. In fact they both should have been in there to begin with.
    I hate how JT's career has been mismanaged. How do you fight Pavlik 2x, Froch, and then Abraham? That is crazy. He should have had atleast 3-5 tuneups/confidence builders before fighting Froch and Abraham. Those were brutal losses. Taylor had talent and his management destroyed what was left of him.

Administrator
    vCash

I agree it was hasty but it would have all ended the same IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12