Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida Boxing Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Inductees Announced

MANAGING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
    In an undisclosed bunker deep in the weird, wild, woods of the Pacific Northwest
    vCash

Florida Boxing Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Inductees Announced

Florida Boxing Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Inductees Announced

FLORIDA BOXING HALL OF FAME, INC.
    CLASS OF 2010 INDUCTEES ANNOUNCED

Tampa, Florida – January 13, 2010 - The Florida Boxing Hall of Fame has announced the class of 2010 inductees. Living inductees include: former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali, former top contenders Gomeo Brennan, and Frankie Otero, women’s pioneer Barbara Buttrick, trainer/managers Dan Birmingham and Al Bonanni, promoters Phil Alessi and Don King, historian Enrique Encinosa, commissioner Don Hazelton, and in the non-participant category, Bob Alexander, and James “Smitty” Smith.

The Florida Boxing Hall of Fame also released the names of the posthumous inductees: world champion Willie Pep, contenders Yama Bahama, Bobby Dykes, Tommy Gomez, and Elmer Ray, and 1932 Olympic Gold medallist Eddie Flynn, and in the non-participant category, Jay Edson and Lou Viscusi.

The induction weekend is set for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, June 25, 26, 27, 2010, in Tampa. All living inductees are expected to be in attendance, along with the inductees from the Class of 2009, as well as Ramiro Ortiz and Steve Yerrid, who will be receiving special awards. A special award will also be given in honor of the late Mike Birmingham.

Living Inductees will receive a Hall of Fame Ring, Certificate, and Plaque, and be on hand to participate in the many weekend activities with the public.

Muhammad Ali, Willie Pep, Don King, and Lou Viscusi have all previously been inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame, in Canastota, New York.

The Florida Boxing Hall of Fame has no contact information on former heavyweight contender Elmer “Violent” Ray, who is being inducted, and asks that if there are any relatives or friends to contact the Florida Boxing Hall of Fame.

Hotel and Ticket information will be forthcoming .

vCash

Re: Florida Boxing Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Inductees Announced

I'm real glad to see Frankie Otero mentioned!

vCash

I am still pinching myself that this is real. It was an honor to serve as the MC for the 2009 inductions. this is an honor I almost cant put into words. To have my name anywhere near someone like Muhammad Ali is beyond anything I have ever dreamed. I only wish my friend Hank Kaplan could be there. well he will be in spirit. Thank you to the Floirda Boxing Hall of Fame and all the fans who have always been so nice to me. If you get a chance to make plans to go, it was a great time last year and will be bigger and better this year.

All the best

Bob Alexander
    Ring Announcer

vCash

congrats bob.

greg

vCash

thank you greg! its quite an honor

+ Reply to Thread