Home News Current Champs WAIL! Encyclopedia
The Cyber Boxing Zone Message Board
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather-Mosely Predictions

vCash

Re: mayweather-mosely

TWE - My only thing with team Money agreeing to team Manny's stipulations is a matter of precedent determining the justification.

Considering the BS team Money pulled on Marquez with weight only 2 months before the negotiations for this fight fizzled - The insane amounts of money for weighing in too high seemed like a fair thing to ask for to ensure that the weigh in didn't have any last minute surprises.

Given that until post Cotto last year I've never heard any rumour or accusation about Pac's ability being anything other than the fruit of hard work I can't help but think that Pacquiao is being judged unfairly.

The part that makes the least sense to me is given Money's lack of cash, why kill a fight between the two biggest earners in the sport?

I love Manny, but personally I think he could take The Hulk's steroids and turn up green, but it won't solve the stylistic issues that Floyd presents Manny.

I think its fear stopping Floyd and pride stopping Manny.

Too bad.

vCash

Dooms, I politely disagree.

Didn't Manny get the weight limit/glove size he wanted? I don't have any reason to question Manny even after the Cotto fight, except for his indecisions on drawing blood. A fighter can bleed in a fight, it seems a rediculous thing to have a hang up about being a professional fighter. Not to mention he was seen giving blood against Hatton post his not agreeing to a 30 day testing. Why did he jumble around so much with his statements on this testing? The word 'random' is what I think worried Pac unfortunately.

Anyways, that's my bit. Back to the topic. Sorry for taking it off track. Will be a happy man if they do make this fight (assuming both get past their tough opponenets).

Banned
    vCash

SHeesh

THere are at least three threads that deal with Manny Mayweather and what went on, line item by line item.

Does it REALLY need to be hammered on again here?

Jesus we will have plenty of time to dig that all up agian if THIS fight actually does happen and if Manny and Mayweather ever does happen.

Hawk

vCash

My bet, the fight does not happen, or if it does, random testing won't be up until fight time. He will stipulate a period before the fight once more, probably the same period of time he walked away from last time.>>>>

this is bull, the science behind this demand is non-existant, but its been discussed and debated before.

vCash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkCMmlxWpA

floyds interview w Michael Kay. a much more respectful floyd at least when it came to mosley

vCash

I have a question. mayweather has cont said shane turned him down for a fight in 99. Shane says mayreather told him he wanted to stay at 130 at the rios fight. Video at the end of both the manfready and rios fights supports that at that time he wanted to stay at 130 and break some records.

at some point after this MW did call out shane (from fighters.com may 7 "In my mind, Floyd Mayweather Jr. is by far the biggest champion in boxing right now. Since the April 17, 1997 under card of De La Hoya- Whitaker, when he knocked out Bobby Geipart, I knew Mayweather was destined for greatness.

He has since beaten the best the jr. lightweight division has to offer. And now he has his eyes set on Shane Mosley! Boxers are supposed to be turning down fights with Sugar Shane, not asking for them. Who knows, perhaps Mayweather has what it takes. "

by may 7 shane was already sched to fight rivera. anybody here remember the timeline?

just curious

found this:

MOSLEY EYING JUNIOR WELTERS
    By MICHAEL KATZ

Thursday, April 15th 1999, 2:10AM

Shane Mosley, who finally became big as the 1998 Boxing Writers Association of America fighter of the year, may now be outgrowing the lightweight division.

"This is my last fight at 135," the IBF lightweight champion said from Indio, Calif., where Saturday he makes his seventh defense against short but tough John Brown of Atlantic City.

"It's a battle back and forth just to make the weight," said the unbeaten Mosley, reporting he was at 142 early in the week.

The 5-3 Brown is a 130-pounder. Many thought he was robbed in losing a Garden decision to Angel Manfredy last year before rebounding to end Gabriel Ruelas' career. "He's short," said Mosley, "so I'll probably be throwing a lot more uppercuts and a lot of body shots."

Mosley had hoped the 130-pound king, Floyd Mayweather Jr., would be moving up. Mayweather's father, Floyd Sr., has called his son the best fighter in the world. But they also announced they wanted to break Joe Louis' record of 26 successful title defenses, tantamount to saying forget about Mosley, who now has eyes on a junior-welterweight division that features Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Angel Gonzalez and fast-rising Zab Judah.
    Last edited by jlupi; 03-05-2010 at 04:48 PM.

vCash

40 million he makes for meeting Mosley? Is this a projected figure, or how does it work. Are they getting a set fee, and then a percentage of PPV?

vCash

I can't see him making that kind of money fighting Mosely. Not in today's boxing economy. I guess possible if they pay Mosely chump change of $500k or so.

It probably doesn't matter anyway. If they pay Floyd $40 million he spends 45. If they pay him $12 million, he spends 15.

vCash

forgive me with my new obsession

BOXING: NOTEBOOK; From 140 Pounds to 147, Mosley Wants It All
    By TIMOTHY W. SMITH
    Published: May 13, 1999
    Sign in to Recommend
    Twitter
    Sign In to E-Mail

Print

Shane Mosley, the International Boxing Federation lightweight champion, has decided to abandon the 135-pound division and move up to 140 pounds with an eye toward a bout in December against Oscar De La Hoya, the World Boxing Council welterweight champion, at 147 pounds.

Mosley is preparing to make his debut at 140 pounds on June 19, but no opponent has been selected. Mosley might have to settle at 140 pounds for a while, because it does not appear that De La Hoya is interested in a match.

''It's a ridiculous fight,'' Bob Arum, the president of Top Rank and De La Hoya's promoter, said. ''He should be thinking about fighting Floyd Mayweather. I don't believe a fight with Oscar is competitive in any way. For me to sell it on pay-per-view, it's something I can't do.''

Arum has made an offer to Mosley to fight Mayweather at a weight of 137 pounds. But the 27-year-old Mosley has outgrown the 135-pound division and has been struggling to make the weight. He was dehydrated against John Brown in his last fight in April in which Mosley stopped Brown. Even though he got down to 135 pounds at the weigh-in for the fight, he ballooned to 151 pounds by the time he entered the ring.

On another De La Hoya front, Arum has offered Felix Trinidad, the I.B.F. welterweight champion, $10 million for a bout against De La Hoya on Sept. 18. Arum said he was not sure that Trinidad would accept the offer. Trinidad had insisted on getting purse parity with De La Hoya, but Arum said he had since dropped that demand.

''I don't know what he's going to do,'' Arum said of Trinidad. ''The $10 million offer is similar to the $6 million I offered Main Events and Pernell Whitaker and it's similar to the $4 million I offered Main Events and Ike Quartey. I think $10 million in this case is over generous.''

vCash

I can't wait for this fight. I really hope that Mosley kicks Mayweather's ass. I like Mosley's line of of "May 1.... will be Mayweather's 1st loss."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sr71ko
    I can't wait for this fight. I really hope that Mosley kicks Mayweather's ass. I like Mosley's line of of "May 1.... will be Mayweather's 1st loss."
    I don't give Mosely much of a chance here. I don't even see this being a close fight. Floyd has youth and speed on his side.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1
    I don't give Mosely much of a chance here. I don't even see this being a close fight. Floyd has youth and speed on his side.
    I know. Conventional wisdom says that Mayweather has too much speed and youth on his side.... but then again I said that Mosley was out of his mind for fighting Margarito. Either way it will be interesting. Either Mosley will be carried out on his shield or we will get another upset like Margarito win.

vCash

Now that Pac has taken care of business, this fight is the next one to look forward to. 24/7 should be a real interesting look at two diverse guys. I'm pulling for the upset big time, I just think it would be funny for Money to lose and miss Mo Money..

Registered User of Colorful Quips
    vCash

I think Mosley wins this one- I think he tears up Floyd on the ropes, and his hands aren't exactly slow. Then again, I picked Clottey. I guess I have a soft spot for the underdog, but I just don't see Sugar Shane losing this one for some reason.

Perhaps it's because I feel like the moment was missed in booking Pac-Mayweather. That's too good of a fight for boxing fans, who always find new ways of getting screwed.

vCash

hey shawn.... don't be a stranger.

greg

Administrator
    vCash

ditto shawn

Can't wait for this fight. You know Mosley will leave it all out there.

vCash

Who are you picking. 24/7

vCash

Re: Who are you picking. 24/7

Mayeather is an amazing promoter ... he is far more entertaining as a feature on 24/7 than he is in the ring ... either way he easily decisions the 38 year old Mosley who could not get past Coto two years ago ...

vCash

Floyd is ever so crass. Real ghetto talk. It's embarrassing!

I was wanting Floyd to put on a show here, but now I am leaning
    towards Shane, and want him to win. I don't really care now for the
    "Pac-Floyd bout."

vCash

Considering how much trouble Shane had with the speed, movement and work rates of Wright (2x's), Forrest (2x's) and Cotto, it's easy to make the argument that Mayweather is gonna have a fairly-easy night of it.

But while the *head says "Mayweather", the heart is going with Shane.

Mosley WSD12

Kyoodle

*The head has about a 25% accuracy rate since the beginning of the 90's.
    Last edited by Kyoodle; 04-12-2010 at 07:52 PM.

vCash

I sure don't see Mosely coping too well against a guy with superior reflexes too well at this stage of the game. A match against an easier to hit opponent that gives lots of openings is the best type for Shane to exploit.

vCash

Shane would have a much better shot against Paq than Mosley ... Mosley will win easily ... we will hear the classic , "I saw the openings but couldn't pull the trigger " sort of comment from Shane ... this is Charles/Louis on the way ...

vCash

Re: Mayweather-Mosely Predictions

HE Grant, can you rewrite that post please; it's a little confusing.

This is a very hard fight to call in how it plays out. Floyd is so unpredictable at times. We know what he is capable of, but when was he last pushed real hard? Oscar?

That was three years ago. Shane will bring some real issues here. He has to be a harder task than Hatton and JMM. This means that Floyd will have to step it up that bit more.

Wanting Shane to do it, but think Floyd will win by close but deserved UD. If the fight is close, then I see the judges siding with Floyd

I think the intensity and the challenge that Shane brings into this fight is going to make Floyd Mayweather show his greatness or he could totally be dominated and look very inferior. He wont be anywhere in between, hell go to one extreme or the other and I think that Shane may be the dark horse so to say in this whole situation because he could easily be a big threat and possibly beat Floyd and (Manny) Pacquiao.
    I don't think Mosley has much chance vs. Pacquiao however.

vCash

well whatever happens in the fight i won't be watching anymore 24/7. maybeweather is an arrogant little prick. anybody notice the looks on the officials from USADA who had to sit thru his rants for 5 hrs. ?

anyone notice what a huge pain in the ass USADA testing is ? how many promotions are going to afford that shit ?

anyway can't stomache 24/7 anymore.

greg

vCash

I have always heard that the USADA tests infrequently for the olympics. If thats true and shane has already been tested 3+ times it seems they are putting on a show themselves

Banned
    vCash

I watched the first 3 mins

of the latest HBO show.

Had to turn it off. It was unbearable.

It TRULY made me appreciate the last installment HBO did with Manny and Cotto. Not a Mayweather, Jr. or Sr., anywhere in the entire series.

It was awesome.

Hawk

vCash

I can't believe people find Floyd entertaining or... funny. I may have giggled at his BS when I was in the sixth grade.

vCash

Guess I have a stronger stomach, I watched the whole episode, but on a positive note it showed Shane practicing throwing his chopping, slightly overhand right, which I believe is the punch to nail Floyd with on the ropes.

Floyd's such a whiny prick....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by HE Grant
    Shane would have a much better shot against Paq than Mosley ... Mosley will win easily ... we will hear the classic , "I saw the openings but couldn't pull the trigger " sort of comment from Shane ... this is Charles/Louis on the way ...
    Say what??

vCash

Lil' Floyd is cocky but backs it up in the ring, I LOL'd when he blasted Shane for his jerry curl hairdo,

WKS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast